Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Loaded Veggie Chicken Alfredo



Loaded Veggie Chicken Alfredo
Why, yes...I did come up with the name all on my own...aren't you impressed?
So, this isn't really a "recipe" as there isn't much to it.  However, it is just a simple idea if you're stuck in a rut like I was last week, and wanted to try something new.  Plus I had gobs of zucchini, green beans, and tomatoes coming from my garden.  So, here we go:


Ingredients if you're using a whole bag of pasta:
Bag O' Noodles, of any kind.  I used "garden noodles"...
Jar  O' Alfredo Sauce....any kind you like, you can even make homemade if you're feeling up for it!
1-2 cups of Shredded chicken, more or less depending on how carnivorous you're feeling (night before I boiled chicken breasts and shredded them to use for random things)
3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cup of Zucchini, sliced and then quartered
1 cup Fresh green beans, cut into 1"ish pieces
Any seasoning you like...I didn't add any seasoning since Alfredo can be overpowering sometimes.
First....in a skillet pan, place the green beans, zucchini, and shredded chicken with a few tablespoons of water so you don't burn it (do NOT add the tomatoes yet).  Simmer until the green beans seem somewhat tender/getting soft. Also during this step, start your water for the noodles, since boiling water seems to take FOREVER!!!

Once you feel it is the right time, add in your tomatoes and Alfredo sauce and whatever spices you wish to add.  Simmer while you wait for your noodles to be done.

Once the noodles are al dente, combine the sauce and noodles for a spectaular firework show in your mouth!  Enjoy! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment