Thursday, May 17, 2012

Revamping the old radio cabinet--Step 2

So, once the cabinet was all sanded down and veneer ripped off, it was time to figure out a color, because restaining it would just not be possible now. First, I primed it with white, because I am the most indecisive person in the world and took forever to figure otu what color to paint it.
  Beautiful, eh?
After priming, it was time to figure out a paint color.  Off to Home Depot I went!  After spending time in the paint aisle, looking blankly at all the paint samples, Eric and I decided that green would look nice with the rest of our stuff.  So, there I stood, with about 6 paint samples in my hand....finally choosing a darker sagey green color.  Although I was not planning on doing an accent color, they had a sample paint can on clearance for 50 cents, and guess what?? It was a darker green that went well with the color I picked out! Awesome!!!......Finally left Home Depot, went home, and started painting.
Done!  Inside, there are two shelves.  Eventually I will figure out something else with the weird doors but for now, it will have to do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment