Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A *Nice* White Elephant Gift "When Life Gives You Lemons..."

I had a work Christmas party tonight...and it was a white elephant gift exchange.  I started thinking of ideas for this exchange right away but I began feeling bad if I gave someone maxi-pad slippers, or a ziploc of batteries with "no toy included"...So, I found this idea on Pinterest and jazzed it up a bit to make it a gift that someone could indeed use.  Don't get me wrong, some white elephant gifts CAN be useful, like the super vintage brown Pyrex casserole dishes my mom received one year when I was in college and gave to me because she thought they were hideous---I still use them, and love them.  They are Pyrex after all.  Anyways, here is how I jazzed up my white elephant gift of "When LIFE gives you LEMONS, make LEMONADE".

Materials/Shopping List:
Box of LIFE cereal, I chose cinnamon because that is my personal fav.
A couple lemons.
Some Lemonade mix
Bendy Straws
Two glasses of some sort...I chose a thick plastic.
A carafe/pitcher/etc. whatever is on sale ;-)
Ice cube tray
Mini liquor bottles (rum and vodka)
Mixing spoon (I totally forgot to get this, even though it is in my "recipe")

I typed up a "recipe" that was just a bunch of crap, there is a picture below of it with ridiculous instructions...Copy it if you wish :-) Here are the pictures of my personal creation, wrapped up pretty and topped with an awesome gnome ornament that was almost too good to give away... (Bought at Target for anyone wondering...).



Enjoy your Christmas/Holiday parties!



No comments:

Post a Comment